Take note: If you are a grown adult eating less than 100 g of animal protein a day you are not consuming enough.
Here are five reasons humans should eat animal protein.
1. Complete Protein Source: Animal proteins, such as meat, poultry, and fish, provide all essential amino acids necessary for building and repairing tissues in the body, making them a valuable source of complete protein.
2. Nutrient Density: Animal proteins are rich in essential nutrients like vitamins B12, iron, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for maintaining overall health, energy production, and cognitive function.
3. Muscle Maintenance: Protein from animal sources supports muscle growth and maintenance, making it essential for athletes, bodybuilders, growing and aging individuals looking to preserve muscle mass, especially as they age.
** Stimulating muscle protein synthesis requires a minimum of 30g of protein in one sitting. If you eat three meals a day you need more than 30 g of protein per meal to get over 100 g for the day.
Beware that plant-based sources of protein are inferior. Your aim of 100 g of protein per day should come from animal foods.
In addition to eating protein, the other way to stimulate muscle protein synthesis is to use your muscles. So move your body more, preferably move it by moving heavy weights/resistance training. The more inactive you are, the more protein you need.
4. Satiety and Weight Management: Animal protein is known for promoting a feeling of fullness and satiety, which can help control appetite and assist in weight management and weight loss efforts by reducing the desire to overeat.
5. Bioavailability: Animal-based proteins often have higher bioavailability compared to plant-based sources, meaning the body can more efficiently absorb and utilize the nutrients, contributing to better overall health and well being.
If you struggle eating enough protein, make sure that it’s the first thing off of your plate that you eat. Once you finish your protein and you’re not full, then you can eat the plants on your plate. Animal Protein should always be prioritized.
Stop under eating animal protein. Your life, health, quality of life and longevity are dependent on you consuming enough protein.
Do you need help getting more protein into your diet? Get my low-carb high-protein bundle for only $22. Click Here